Hello my dear family and friends...
Well, I did it...
I had, what I hope, is my last surgery....My port is gone... and so are those rock hard saline implants.. wahoooooooo... silicone all the way baby! All I can say is.. I look PRETTY!!! ~blush~
Funny aside...
I feel good.. strong... and am looking forward to ending this journey if it is Gods will. I have about 5-6 more Herceptin treatments and two more sets of full body scans this year. So, in 2010... I should only be doing every three month checks. Praise God!
Thank you for so much support this past year.. what would I have done without you all????
My advice:
Take all medical matters into your own hands... muster up TOUGH . Give yourself a week to mourn, be scared, sad and mad.... then... Get busy Living. Do mucho research.. question your doctors .. take someone with you to hear all with you..if any one doctor tells you " this is your only choice"... get more and more opinions.. do NOT just believe. And mostly... Our cups are either half empty, or half full... this is how it is.. and it is OUR CHOICE! You choose how you accept life.. how you react...I CHOSE half full..STAY POSITIVE and know how you feel is a CHOICE!(This was taught to me by my mom.....)
Gods Love to all,
Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I am soooo happy for you Laura. It is almost over for you. It has been a long journey...one I hope and pray you never have to repeat. Let's still keep in touch. You have been a good friend to me and I value your friendship. I will probably still need lots of support in the months to come and even next year to complete my reconstuction which ever way I finally choose. Still leaning towards the diep but a bit scared about it and everyone tells me to take my time with this decision but it is still scheduled for late Fall.
Take care Laura and don't rush things. Now it is time to enjoy your life once again.
Love you my friend,
Jill.
Thank you Jill... I cannot wait to hear what you pick for reconstuction! I value our new friendship too! I hope to keep in touch forever Jill... keep on blogging, and I will too... after all.. you got me started blogging...lol... DH and I are starting to travel now that our youngest is going to college so I know we will get to Canada.. Seattle for sure and we can all meet up! How fun! If you ever get back to Arizona.. you will have to let me know too... my dh's mom lives there and we can try to see you there....
Many ways to keep in touch sister.... Love you too my friend! PS..... your hair is looking GREAT!
so proud of you! enjoy your 'new' girls! Love ya ~ Di
You give me so much credit for your positive outlook, honey, and I thank you. You cannot possibly imagine how much faith, hope, and courage YOU have provided to ME during this hard time. Your dad and I love you dearly, as does all your other family.
God bless you, dearest daughter!
Love--Mom
((((((((((((((MOM)))))))))))))))
Hi! You don't know me, but I happened upon your blog from your siggy on breastcancer.org. I have really enjoyed reading and LOVE the advice on this post! I am 28 years old and was diagnosed several weeks ago. It helps SO much to read people who have battled this with an attitude like yours! I strive to fight it the same way. I have my own blog but it's been forever since I've updated. I also plan to use it as a way to communiticate with everyone about my fight! Thanks again---you've inspired me!
~Natalie Young
Post a Comment