October, 12th. 2008 ( 21)


Isn't she a cutie pie!!! :) Little Caleigh Grace will be 1 next month!

Hi Friends and family!
What a glorious weekend with our weather huh??? Todd and I took two long walks.. ( over a mile each...)... and I was proud of myself. The fatigue is building in me and I find I am sitting a lot more. Of course I HATE that.. but it is healing me so I deal. The Taxol is getting to my bones. They tend to hurt a little more than I would like now. I might have mentioned before that I tried Vicodon (sp) for the pain a few weeks ago, and I puked it up... nice huh? I hope I can find a pain reliever that I can handle. ( I have never taken anything other that morphine when I have my kids.. 22 and 18 yrs ago...)
Aleta, Sue and Bill .. Thank you SO MUCH for the gift card to Pier 1. WOW.. which of you knew that was on of my favorite places to shop...:).. that was really sweet of you!
Sheri, I think I am going to be that survivor too! Thank you!
I have Chemo again tomorrow. For some unknown reason, I look forward to it. I have 7 more to go. I think I feel as long as I am getting chemo, those little pesky cancer cell are dying and cannot spread anymore....
So many feelings a person goes through when they have cancer. I HOPE NONE of you get it, but if you do.. I hope I am going through all of this so I can help you.. or even a perfect stranger.
MY HAIR! Ok... it does not bother me being bald... really.. I have not even thought about it in a sad way.. its just hair... an accessory.. but it has been 4 months and I am ready to NOT wear a wig... hat... beenie.. uggggggggggg... Gets old! I should start growing hair in Dec!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOO.. so by April maybe.. I can just sport a short little SOMETHING!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL.......... I have a tiny head.. looks like a little pin head..LOL LOL.... Sorry.. don't have the guts to post a bald picture online..hehehehehehehehehehe....
I have gained back 5 pds... and my weight has stayed the same now for 3 weeks.. So I think I am where I will be.. so really.. I think I look pretty much the same.. except for the female baldness.. and the DARN DRY SKIN! ( thanks to taxol)
Well, you all have a GREAT WEEK and know I think of you all the time.. and cannot wait to " do some hair" in December. I should be able to work that month.. then I will have to be off again for surgery and rads... grrrrrrrrrrr :)
I humbly ask for your prayers.. and I thank you for praying for me!
Gods Love
Laura

3 comments:

Jill said...

Laura, you have a beautiful little granddaughter! I am glad you try to get out for walks. I thought I could do a 3 km. walk around the lake yesterday but after about 1/4 of the way knew I couldn't do it this time.Luckily I think we know when our bodies have had enough, lol.
Have a great week and I will be thinking of you.
Hugs
Jill.

Unknown said...

Your grandaughter sure is a beautiful one! I pray all went well with your treatment today.

LJ's Blog Spot said...

Thanks ladies!
My treatment went very well.. and I am high on the steroids still..lol... Caleigh is a little cutie pie..:) THank you!
Laura