October, 6th, 2008 (20)

Well, 7 more Chemos to go!!! Wahoooooooo.. Today was uneventful again.. so that is good!.. My dad took me today and mom was under the weather and Todd worked. It was nice to spend the day with him alone... It went really fast!
My tumor is the same size as it was two weeks ago.. but Dr. Garg said that is ok..I have 7 more to go.. so I wait..:)
I was told I do still need to stay on these darn steroids for the 7 more Chemos, but when I am on the Herceptin alone for the next year, I do not! THANK GOD! I can also drive myself to those.. It only takes an hour for the whole thing then, and no drugs! YES!
I will be meeting with my Radiation Oncologist Thursday to see if I am going to pick this group. I am the queen of second opinions. But really, knowledge is power and with something like this... if it ever happens to you, GET POWER!


Here is my delightful hubby.. He played ( band) at the American Royal again this year. They did their usual bang up job. Wish I could have gone..:(... This is Todd being fed buy their competition buddies... LOL... he was in love with that Wok and all the seafood in it...:) Plus... they got there at 2 and did not eat ANYTHING till 8pm.. this is a man who eats EVERY two hours.. so I know he though he was going to drop dead right there from lack of nutrition..lol...




These are my Crazy Cats.. they are always playing. The one on top is Marley. He is our HUGE Siamese. He is full grown and weighs 11 pds.. really big for a Siamese. The little guy on bottom is Oliver. He is a Rag Doll. We got him about two months ago ( I was told not to get another cat while on chemo due to infection.. but TODD is the cleanest man on the planet and he takes care of all the litter stuff daily...and they are indoor cats for goodness sakes.......)
So I say....." Whatcha gonna do when they come for you, bad girl, bad girl..)
He weighs about 8 pds now but Ragdolls get to be 12-20pds and he has the BIG feet, so we will see... Ragdoll are the most laid back cats there are... :)I love them both...

Well, You all have a great week and know that I thank the Lord for your prayers and kindness. I have been humbled in a way I really never thought I would be.
Thank you and Blessings to all of you! I miss you!
Gods Love,
Laura
Ps: Leticia... Thank you for the Fall Mums! I put them on my front porch!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hi Laura.
I am so glad you are staying strong. I found this song on my facebook the other day and thought you might like to listen to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QKxsiRYC9Q

I hope the link works for you otherwise just copy and paste it.
Have a great day.
Hugs, Jill.