Going through the "past"

As many people know, I am not a pill taker! I just would never do it. I would just let the headache or whatever, run it course until it was gone. Well, as I sit here this weekend going though all the "items" of the last six months, I realize how much my life has/did change. This weekend will be a challenge as I pack away my chemo...

This one I had a love relationship with. It stops most all chemo patients from getting sick. It was $60 my cost every two weeks, and I have good insurance.
Thank you Emend! Goodbye!


This one I hated... the darn steroid! It saved me from having a BAD reaction to the taxol for 12 weeks... but it spun me out for three days and left me to mourn ANYTHING the next three... GOODBYE!


As for the rest... they all served their purpose... anti-nausea, anti-anxiety, anti-pain... anti ANYTHING cancer can come up with...
I bid you farewell. Thank you for your help... I hope you are there for the next gal. As for me.. I hope our relationship has run its course! Goodbye!



Gods Love,
Laura

4 comments:

Jill said...

Sure is nice to say goodbye to those meds.Love those steroids...I think NOT! Those were the worst.
I am glad you had a lovely Thanksgiving with your family. Make sure you don't overdo it when you go to the salon. It is so easy to do when you think you are feeling good.
I hope your dentist appointment went okay. Keep in touch with everything.
Hugs
Jill.

Anonymous said...

I hate steroids! They made me feel like I was jumping out of my skin! Glad to know you get to say GOODBYE!

Jacki

Meg Wolff said...

Ditto on the meds. I wish you all the best.XO

Anonymous said...

Hi, Laura. Just found your blog and I am going to add it to my favourites. I was just diagnosed with invasive breast cancer on December 8, 2008. I see this post of yours about all of the drugs and it terrifies me, but I know my God is with me and He is BIGGER than this monster called Breast Cancer! Thanks for your blog - I'll be reading back into your older posts for some encouragement. I am so happy that you are through with Chemo. I have my mastectomy (left side) on January 14, 2009, then based on the pathology results, will begin treatment(s) from there. Although the drugs are scary, we are blessed to have them and to have access to them. Blessings to you and thanks for sharing your journey with us!